Well, there have been a lot of new developments on the "Caroline Watch"... especially in this past week! Ryan and I met with our doctor last Friday, and she surprised us with the news that I am already dilated more than a centimeter, and Caroline's head has dropped very low. At the time, she said that Caroline would be here in about a week or two. This past weekend, however, Caroline decided that she might not want to wait that long... my contractions have become much stronger and consistent, and the pain in my abdomen more constant, since Saturday evening. We have been in touch with the doctor, and she said that I am officially in labor (the early stage), and Caroline could arrive anywhere within the next few hours or days. She has also placed me back on full bed rest with lots of hydration. Since I'm still in the 35 week time frame (full term is not until 37 weeks), we want to slow things down as much as possible. Although Ryan and I cannot wait to hold her in our arms, we want her to grow and develop as much as possible in utero. In the meantime, our hospital bags are packed, and the car's gas tank is full. Let the waiting begin...
Monday, January 17, 2011
On Your Mark... Get Set... When Do We Go???
Well, there have been a lot of new developments on the "Caroline Watch"... especially in this past week! Ryan and I met with our doctor last Friday, and she surprised us with the news that I am already dilated more than a centimeter, and Caroline's head has dropped very low. At the time, she said that Caroline would be here in about a week or two. This past weekend, however, Caroline decided that she might not want to wait that long... my contractions have become much stronger and consistent, and the pain in my abdomen more constant, since Saturday evening. We have been in touch with the doctor, and she said that I am officially in labor (the early stage), and Caroline could arrive anywhere within the next few hours or days. She has also placed me back on full bed rest with lots of hydration. Since I'm still in the 35 week time frame (full term is not until 37 weeks), we want to slow things down as much as possible. Although Ryan and I cannot wait to hold her in our arms, we want her to grow and develop as much as possible in utero. In the meantime, our hospital bags are packed, and the car's gas tank is full. Let the waiting begin...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So exciting! I was dilated for 4 weeks and made it all the way to 4 centimeters during those 4 weeks. It's kind of crazy to think our bodies can do all this stuff. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete