Watch Our Little Chick Grow!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 21, 2011

What a Difference a Few Hours Can Make!


For the first four weeks, Caroline's life was basically all about eating, sleeping, and changing diapers. This last week, however, Caroline has grown and changed a lot! She went through her first big growth spurt, and she has started smiling socially. The smiling just makes my day... I can't describe how wonderful it felt to see that first real smile! I love seeing that first smile when she wakes up in the morning and the last smile of the day as we sing songs to sleep. Can you tell that I'm totally and completely in love with my little girl?

Today, Caroline had her 6 week visit with the pediatrician. She now weighs 9 pounds and 12 ounces and is 22 inches long. Caroline is developing right on schedule, and she is getting really good at holding her head up straight and steady. The unhappy part of the doctor's visit was the vaccinations. There she was, happily sucking on her pacifier and checking out the lights on the ceiling, and then... WHAM... two shots to the thighs.
I had never heard her cry like that before! Such unhappiness! She spent the rest of the day, and well into the evening, fussing and feeling crummy. I got some good before and after pictures of the doctor's visit today:

Big smiles while getting dressed for our appointment...

How Caroline (and Mommy) felt a few hours later!


We were both glad when Daddy came home. Caroline always falls asleep in Ryan's arms while they watch TV (usually the Lakers' game), and I get a chance to take a shower and do the dishes. She was especially ready for some extra love and cuddles from Daddy tonight, and he was happy to oblige!



No comments:

Post a Comment